Motion of support
European Junior Doctors’ Association (EJD) expresses solidarity and support for doctors in communal hospitals in Germany, fighting for better working conditions. After several lengthy negotiation rounds with the employers’ association of the communal hospitals, almost no significant progress has been made.
The Marburger Bund therefore prepared industrial actions. European Junior Doctors’ Association supports Marburger Bund’s demands that are focused on improving working conditions, especially the following demands:
- proper time-recording which cannot be manipulated. Time recording has to start and end at the hospital door;
- at least two free weekends (from Friday 6:00 p.m. to Monday 7:00 a.m.) per month;
- an earlier announcement of rosters (six weeks in advance) and financial compensation for physicians if rosters are changed by the employer at short notice;
- an upper limit for on-call duties on-site (within a calendar week, within a calendar month and within a calendar quarter);
- no regular work after an on-call duty on-site;
- supplementary payment for on-call duties.
The high participation rate of predominately young physicians in the actions impressively demonstrates how vast the dissatisfaction with the current working conditions is.
European Junior Doctors’ Association urges the employers’ association of the communal hospitals to make a reasonable offer. Marburger Bund has EJD’s full support and solidarity in its struggle for better working conditions.
You might also enjoy
Joint Statement: "Digital Doc"
Training future-proof doctors for the digital society
Full support to our Italian colleagues
By investing in the education of highly trained healthcare personnel, we are investing in the health of the country as a whole !
Joint Statement on Violence Against Doctors During the COVID-19 Crisis
Together with other European Medical Organisations strongly condemn attacks on healthcare professionals fighting the COVIDー19 pandemic, because of the fear they will spread the Coronavirus.