Motion of support
European Junior Doctors’ Association (EJD) expresses solidarity and support for doctors in communal hospitals in Germany, fighting for better working conditions. After several lengthy negotiation rounds with the employers’ association of the communal hospitals, almost no significant progress has been made.
The Marburger Bund therefore prepared industrial actions. European Junior Doctors’ Association supports Marburger Bund’s demands that are focused on improving working conditions, especially the following demands:
- proper time-recording which cannot be manipulated. Time recording has to start and end at the hospital door;
- at least two free weekends (from Friday 6:00 p.m. to Monday 7:00 a.m.) per month;
- an earlier announcement of rosters (six weeks in advance) and financial compensation for physicians if rosters are changed by the employer at short notice;
- an upper limit for on-call duties on-site (within a calendar week, within a calendar month and within a calendar quarter);
- no regular work after an on-call duty on-site;
- supplementary payment for on-call duties.
The high participation rate of predominately young physicians in the actions impressively demonstrates how vast the dissatisfaction with the current working conditions is.
European Junior Doctors’ Association urges the employers’ association of the communal hospitals to make a reasonable offer. Marburger Bund has EJD’s full support and solidarity in its struggle for better working conditions.
You might also enjoy
Resolution: Framework for Action on the Health and Care Workforce in the WHO European Region 2023–2030
At the 73rd Regional Committee for Europe held in Astana, 24–26 October 2023, the 53 countries in the Region unanimously adopted a Resolution in support of a new Framework for Action on the Health and Care Workforce.
Policy on Violence Against Doctors
Adopted at the General Assembly in Murcia, Spain, on 27 September 2023.
EJD Statement of support to the Polish Medical Chamber on upholding medical education quality training standards amidst the surge of new medical schools
Adopted at the Autumn Meeting - General Assembly 2023 in Murcia, Spain.